How toxic relationships hurt our self-belief?
Updated: Nov 25, 2021
In this blog I talk about toxic relationships (and I'm not just talking about romantic relationships, toxic friendships, toxic family members, toxic work environments) and how they hurt our “self-belief” or self-confidence.
Toxic people are like energy vampires: they exhaust you, affecting your energy field and sometimes your sanity!
For this (and more) it is imperative to stay away from people like that. There are those who do "a 'People Audit' with my clients to identify who the toxic influences are in their lives," Neo says. "Detoxify your social scene, [and] you will have much more energy and time for yourself, your dreams and great people."
For that you can start by noticing the signs of a toxic person:
1. YOU FEEL EMOTIONALLY EXHAUSTED AFTER AN ENCOUNTER WITH THESE PEOPLE.
2. THEY TRY TO BULY YOU TO GET OUT OF YOUR WAY
3. THEY TRY TO CONTROL YOU USING GUILT
4. THEY ARE EASILY CELOSXS
5. CONSTANTLY VICTIMIZE
6. WHEN GIVING A COMPLETE, IT IS NOT COMPLETELY POSITIVE AND THEY TEND TO HAVE A LITTLE NEGATIVE
7. THEY ARE ON THE DEFENSIVE
8. THEY LEAVE THE CONVERSATIONS UNFINISHED AND THEN DISAPPEAR.
My purpose as a coach and mentor is to help other humans strengthen their ability to believe in themselves. It goes without saying that the pandemic has brought with it many challenges especially around our relationship with ourselves.
In my 12 week program "From Self-Doubt to Self-Belief" I will help you:
- Re-connect with your purpose
- Recognize and release the mental blocks that are holding you back
-Heal you from the toxic past
-Attract opportunities for expansion and personal and professional growth
My 12-week program includes:
12 weekly 1:1 masterclass on topics such as effective goal setting, values and beliefs, mindfulness, self-compassion, emotional intelligence, effective communication and more ... with practical exercises that will help you strengthen each of these areas in your personal life and professional.
2 x individual coaching sessions where we can use a full coaching approach or a relevant NLP technique if necessary so that all the things we are working within the master class can come together.
As a bonus you will get access to weekly meditation videos and guided tapping and access to 3 exclusive e-books
* This program is intense in the sense that it will encourage you to delve into what is really going on within you. Additionally, this process may be uncomfortable due to the levels of introspection throughout the program.
Follow me on Instagram for more!